Pages

Purdue

Purdue

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Riddle Me This.

Why is it that I'm not like a vast number of other students here?

Why is it that I don't see the enjoyment of going out partying and drinking every weekend?  Am I missing out on what college is supposed to be?  Am I missing out on fantastic experiences I'll remember for years to come?  Or perhaps awesome stories that I can share with my friends? 

What is it that deters me from wanting to be a part of this?

Perhaps you think this is me complaining about how I'm not out on this Halloween weekend drinking myself silly.  Maybe you think I'm sitting here at my computer feeling sorry for myself because I'm not getting up close and personal with some guy while dressed in a provocative Halloween costume.  In reality, I'm just curious.  Is my brain wired differently from my fellow classmates?  I don't know.  All I know is that the more I'm around this partying scene, the more frustrated I get.  What's fun about forgetting what happened to you the night before?  Or getting into compromising situations with members of the opposite gender that you regret the next morning?  Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing out on because I've never tried it.  But somehow, it just doesn't seem right for me.

On a less depressing note, my mom, grandma, and sister came up to visit today.  It was so great getting to see them!  I introduced them to the endless food options at Wiley dinning court, showed them around campus a little bit (although my mom and sis have already seen it), and went to Chauncy to check out the latest quirky merchandise at Von's and to eat at Red Mango (frozen yogurt).  Plus, my mom brought up another stash of food to last me to Thanksgiving (including pumpkin bread and puppy chow--my favorites!).  I even got some new Purdue Nike shorts and a hoodie, woot woot!  I was so happy to see them...you gotta love your family :)

I just got back from watching Quarantined 2, Insidious, and Paranormal Activity 3 with Christian and his roomie, Matt.  Nothing like getting into the spirit of Halloween with some scary movies!

Alright, that's all for now, folks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment