Pages

Purdue

Purdue

Friday, November 16, 2012

It Wouldn't Be a Blog Post if I Didn't Mention Food.

Picture this:

A cold, fall day.  Almost all the leaves have fallen off the trees, and it's only a week before Thanksgiving.  Students are restless for Thanksgiving break: it's apparent from the fact that there are more and more "missing class from sleeping in" occurrences.  No, not from me, don't worry.

Anyways.

You're walking back from the Dova and across the street you see a huge line of people spilling out the doors of Wiley dinning court, anticipation plain on their faces.  As you turn the corner and continue down the street, you join your friend and make your way to Hillenbrand dinning court.  You're relieved that there isn't  a huge line here, but you're taken aback when you walk in the doors to find--you guessed it--a line.  The line slowly but surely creeps forward until you finally swipe in and find yourself standing in a big, dimly-lit room.  Waiting for you were none other than more lines.  So you make yourself over to one of the lines and join the horde of people.  Suddenly, you find yourself staring directly at a Thanksgiving feast.  Turkey, ham, greenbean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, rolls with honey butter, corn, stuffing...not to mention pumpkin pie, dutch apple pie, pecan pie bars, and pumpkin bread!

Such was my view tonight when I experienced my first Thanksgiving dinner at Purdue.  They go all out.  And I ate nearly everything.  But it's okay, because if you noticed from my first sentence above, I worked out right before :)

\
Don't worry, the other tray was my friend's, not mine :)


It was so spectacular.  I ate like a king.  Or queen.  Or a pilgrim.  Point is, I love food.  But it still doesn't compare to Thanksgiving with my family.

Speaking of which...

T-minus 5 days until I get to see my family and friends again!  I can't wait!  Except that I'll be holed up  most of the time working on my 4 projects that are due the week I get back...yay...

In other news, guess who's the new Vice-President of Purdue Student Education Association (PSEA...the club I went to Indy with last weekend)???  You guessed it--yours truly!!  Another girl on my floor is the President, and another girl on my floor is the Secretary! Since all four of the officers are going to be student teaching next semester, they can't be officers, so we have to take over for them.  Except we've literally been here for one semester and don't know a single thing about anything really.  But yay!!  We were all so excited when we found out.

Have you ever wanted to dance for 18 hours straight?  Wellllll, guess who's doing that this weekend?  Again, yours truly.  Purdue University Dance Marathon starts on Saturday at 4!  It's a tad nerve-racking (18 hours without sitting?  my feet might fall off!).  But it's for a good cause, so it should be totally worth it.  I'm just going to get 0 work done!  I'll have to work my butt of tomorrow night to get some stuff done.  Anywho, I suppose I should get to bed...I never seem to be able to get enough sleep!

Good night my friends!  Thank you all for reading my blog!  Last count I had 982 views...I'll hit 1,000 by the end of the week I bet.  You guys are awesome :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment