Pages

Purdue

Purdue

Monday, November 26, 2012

I Love College, But I'd Rather Be Home.

I missed my mom.  I missed my dad.  I missed my sister.  I missed Smokey and Garfield. I missed my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I missed my friends that I haven't seen in a couple months. I missed my neighbors.  I missed my electric blanket.  I missed showering without shoes on.  I missed having a room to myself.  I missed sleeping in.  I missed Culver's, Steak N' Shake, and Chili's.  I missed my mom's home-cooked meals.  I missed the mall.  I missed driving.  I missed being around people who aren't my own age.  I missed the movie theater.  I missed being able to leave my clothes all on the floor in my room.  I missed Bloomington/Normal.

I missed home.

It was great to be back.  Despite the fact that I had to work from 10 pm Thanksgiving night to 6 am the next morning, and despite the fact I had to work on a paper over break, being home was so wonderful.  So wonderful, in fact, that I had a hard time coming back.  Not because I was dreading it, but because I wanted to be with my family.  It'll be hard spending part of the holiday season without them.  Of course, I'll have my friends here.  I love them so much, and it was great seeing them when I got back.  And I know I only have 3 more weeks before I'll be back for Christmas break.  But still.

I love college, but I'd rather be home.


1 comment:

  1. I feel the SAME WAY, Kasey. 2 weeks now, huh?

    ReplyDelete