Pages

Purdue

Purdue

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

100th Post!

Three years ago, I had this idea that I would start a blog to document my college experiences.  I thought, Hey, I like to write.  Why not?  I figured it would serve as a way to keep my family up to date about the shenanigans I participated in during "The Best 4 Years of My Life," so I'm a College Kid was born.

You see, though the original purpose of this site was to update family, the blog quickly became my journal of sorts.  If you're a Harry Potter fan, it became my own version of a pensieve, a place where I could dump my thoughts and save them in words so I could come back and read them later and remember. I love going back to posts from freshman year and reminiscing...and I also cringe about all the stupid/hilarious things I did.

And here we are.   Three years later and this is the 100th post.  I seriously can't believe how fast time has gone and how many things I've felt the need to document!  I guess I want to use this post for a couple things: 1. To take a walk down memory lane, and 2. To say thanks to everyone who has read the blog.

So first, THANK YOU.  To anyone who has ever taken a second out of their day to click on the link that I am constantly blowing up Facebook with: you don't know how much I appreciate it.  Just knowing some people are reading it here and there encourages me to continue documenting my college life, even though it can get tedious at times (I've never been known to write in a succinct, concise way...sue me).  I can't explain it (okay, I can; it's an ego boost), but it always excites me when someone says, "I read your blog the other day."  I would like to give a special shoutout to my top "followers," the ones who (as far as I know) stay most up to date on it:

My mom and dad
My grandma Barb and grandma Vi
Sydney Satoski
Annie Dooley
Jess Wolf
Tyler Brown

You guys rock and I love you!

Now for a walk down memory lane and some random blog statistics since the first post 3 years ago:

Number of posts: 100

Total number of views: 16,420

Top countries viewing the blog:
1. United States
2. Honduras
3. Russia
4. France
5. United Kingdom
6. India

Top 10 most-read posts:
8. 8/17/13: "I'm Baaaaackkkkkk"

Thank you again to everyone who has ever read a single post. I can't wait to see what other adventures will be posted here in the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment