Pages

Purdue

Purdue

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Why Did The Girl Throw The Clock Out The Window?

She wanted to see time fly.

Well, you know what I have to say to that little girl??

Go home, you're drunk.

Because if she knew what was good for her, she would have held onto that clock and hid it under her floorboards Tell Tale Heart style because time goes by too fast anyway, so why throw it out the window?

Guess what, guys?  I go home in 3 days. 3 days. Tres días. Like, what? Where did that come from?  Didn't I just get to Purdue?  I'm pretty sure I did, like yesterday.  I'm still that little deer-in-the-headlights freshman getting lost on campus and accidentally walking into the wrong classes.  I have not spent an entire year of my life away from home yet.  There's absolutely no way.  

Actually, now that I look at my desk, there is definitely a year's worth of accumulated crap here.  Just kidding.  Guess I have been here a year.

Do-do do dooo, do-do-do-do-do, do-do do dooo, do-do-do.................
(That was supposed to be the music to The Final Countdown if you couldn't tell...) 

Alright, so 3 more days.  You'll probably get one more post out of me during that time.  But here's what happened in the meantime.

Thanks, Phelpsy.

Hannah, my friend from back home, and I wrote Mr. Phelps post-it note letters again, and so he sent us our own notes and t-shirts!  Huzzah!

Thanks, Mr. Phelps!


"Study" Breaks.

Jared and I got bored on Sunday.  After going to church and brunch, we decided to go exploring in Hort Park.  Which meant we went into the woods and jumped in a bunch of puddles of mud since it had just recently rained.  And we also found a nice fallen log which doubled as a stage, so we blasted some music and serenaded the woodland creatures with our impeccable voices.  Jared thought it would be a good idea to practice some provocative moves, and I fell off the log and by the end we were both caked in dirt.  Bizzare, yes.  Sometimes, when I do stuff like this, I wonder how it is that I will be 20 years old next year.




Top Down, Rollin'.

Christian's friend came up this weekend...in a convertible.  Well, I hadn't ridden in one before to my memory.  So I took advantage of the opportunity and hitched a ride around campus, blasting "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore and singing at the top of my lungs while my hair blew like crazy.  Talk about exhilarating.  Again, how old am I?  Oh, yeah, 19, kay, cool, I'm still a teenager and can do crazy, stupid stuff like this.



Family Pictures.

The Flo' Fo' Hos took some family pictures and Leigh, my RA, put them all in a cute yearbook for us!  I love my girls!

My fourth floor girls!!

Alerrrserrr


Laura!

Best RA EVER!

Dernerrr.

Roomie pic!

Future roomie, teehee


Fondue it.

Thanks to the Shreve Hall Faculty Fellows, Shreve residents got free food on Sunday!  Hot dogs and burgers, chips, carrots, and ice cream.  And then the fourth floor had a fondue night, courtesy of our Fac. Fellows, the Yorks and the Savianos.  #HonorsFTW.

Yessssss.

Me and my Fac. Fellow, Dr. York! (Ignore my wet shower hair)


Picnic.

There was another study break yesterday in the form of a TL picnic!  We snacked like it was our job, and then we played some sand volleyball.  It was a goooood time.

Dancing @ our picnic!


That Thing I Write About In Virtually Every Post.
Dance party.  Hahahaha I realize how sick you all probably are of my incessant blabber about dance parties.  That's literally how I will categorize my freshman year of college.  
Them: Oh, how was your first year at Purdue?
Me: Dance parties.
Haha, but anyways, Sunday night, Jared, Christian, and I were all hanging out in Christian's room, and we plugged in his computer to his TV and started blaring some random, ghetto music.  And then we got in trouble with Christian's RA because it's quiet hours for finals.  Our bad.  But we kept going.  There was a lot of booty popping in that tiny room.  It was absolutely perfect, considering Christian will be gone next year and Jared will be doing a co-op and be in Chicago next semester.

Funny story time (except it's really more sad than funny):
Jess and I were at dinner and I was asking her how she was feeling about not being able to  be with Michael for the summer.  She was saying she would miss him but it'd be okay.  We talk a lot about having a boyfriend vs. not.  She loves having Michael in her life (their 6th month anniversary is coming up!) and I constantly tell her that I have absolutely loved being single this year, perhaps for the first time in my life.  So I teased her a bit and said, "Perks of being single in college: I don't have to worry about saying goodbye to my boyfriend for the summer."  Her response?  "You basically do...two times!"

And I said oh. Yeah.

Not that Jared and Christian and I are romantically connected, heck no.  But they're my good friends, and I'm losing them both.  Grrrrr.

In other news, I had my first final at 8 am this morning.  Barf.  But it went okay, and now I just have 2 more.  Christian and I are going to Chauncey to run some errands and do lunch today...I'm spending as much time with that kid as possible!!

Enjoy the nice weather everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment